Monday, September 14, 2015

BEST PARTNER...


Choosing Best Partner to travel with you for many miles is obviously a challenge in our country…

Naah!!! I am not talking about chores done by a matrimonial agent or so-called-family-friend-aunty; I am talking about choosing a motorcycle which syncs your style, your attitude and your need…

             I won’t address my motorcycle in third person as ‘SHE’ in my blog, because of two reasons.
  • I don’t want to spoil the brand definition ‘Pulsar – Definitely Male’. After all I am a marketing student and I know the efforts behind building a brand.
  • I don’t want to be tied up to a woman for my entire life. That’s the last relation I am looking for right now. Sorry Gals, my pillion seat is gonna be as empty as my wallet at the end of the month

       By the end of this few lines, if I have positioned myself as ego-centric male then I am doing my job very well.
While in Indian Institute of Management (if you are wondering what this is, it is IIM) for PGDM, I mastered in Marketing full-time, but I mastered myself in motorcycling double-time… I read and viewed as many reviews as the business cases I have read in two years of PGDM… I read more than my mechanical friends about various types of engines, gear ratios and all types of Motorcycle Jargons…
 Not delaying it much, I should start talking about the partner I chose. I am not going into technical details as they don’t sound as sweet as the exhaust sound of a litre class motorcycle…

DECISION MAKING:


              Since Yamaha launched R15 that was my favourite sports machine considering the styling and budget. After that Indian Motorcycle market has seen many contenders and few stood out to be winners as well. Having spent a good amount of time on my colleague’s Honda CBR250R, I fell for the comfort, power and engine refinement. In 2013, I made a decision of buying Honda CBR250R ABS and booked it (even I didn’t tell my parents about it), then comes the email saying “Dear Candidate, Congratulations for getting admission into IIM Udaipur.”. I jumped on my chair and almost the hit the roof in a marriage function, people around me thought I am insane, I got heart attack and almost gave me a CPR. Then I remembered there is a bike getting assembled for me in a plant. But it couldn’t change my mind which always dreamt of doing MBA in IIM. I knew future had something special for me.

            During first year of my MBA, Bajaj showcased Pulsar RS200, SS400 and CS400. I fell for the looks of PULSAR RS200 immediately, but there is always more than looks for a machine which are equally subjective. There is a debate going on about the looks of RS being overdone. I would say it is like Arnold’s body, the muscular structure might be looking overworked on, but ultimately you can’t take your eyes away. The 200cc engine seemed to be less powerful considering my passion of speed and thrill, but I decided for it considering an upgrade after five years. Reviews of the bike from Powerdrift, Overdrive, Motohive, Choosemybike.in, etc helped me prove my decision is correct and it can be considered for a purchase. But no on–road tests because it wasn’t launched in India till end of the march. I decided on Yellow colour even though it is too flashy. I am not buying 1L+ bike to get camouflaged in the traffic and on the roads… 
After convocation, I wished I got located in Pune, because all the video reviews done were on Lavasa road track where even I wanted to drag my knee and lean into those curves. The call from HR confirmed I am located in Pune and I started dreaming of those roads and monsoons. Once I moved to Pune, I contacted few Bajaj dealers and started asking about the delivery waiting period and test ride feasibility. Till the sale happens any sales person will be helpful and friendly. This is true in Bajaj’s case as well. I went to Gems Bajaj Akhurdi on 6th June 2015, booked my bike by paying Rs.5000 and then took a test ride. I felt I already knew the bike by every inch (pictures and features were implanted in my mind permanently it seems ;) ) I didn’t need to ride for more than 5kms to get acquainted with the bike. I was promised delivery in 10 days, I was more than happy which shortlived.

WAITINGGGGGG:

                This period was much worse. I got obsessed more than before and started reading everything which comes under results for ‘pulsar rs200’ in Google. I joined xbhp finally, before this I was just a reader now that I am getting ma own bike I became a member. Joined Pulsar RS200 Ownership reviews forum and read every post from the first delivery.
                After 10 days, there was no sign of my motorcycle. I had a feeling not even the assembly of my bike is started in Bajaj Motors plant L I was becoming impatient day-by-day. I started calling Manager about my delivery every day twice (more than I call my Mom). After one week he expected me the most on the phone but good thing is he always used to answer my phone. He promised me the delivery in the first lot of July. On July 4th I got a call that the bike is ready for the delivery, at that moment I felt like telling a 4yr old kid ‘Dad, brought you a toy’ and want to run to showroom jumping and hopping. But I decided to control my joy till Saturday i.e., 6th July for the delivery.
                On 6th july, I went to showroom and my bike was brought down in an elevator for PDI.


THAT MOMENT I FELT LIKE…

                                                                    To be Continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment